Anyone using Asana for GTD and willing to connect and share approaches?

enyonam

Registered
I use Asana ... as best as I can! lol. Happy to connect. I just wish a GTD'er would help them fix up My Tasks already. It's SO close.

thomasbk

Registered
I use Asana for work. I recall several Asana threads, but I'm not sure if all of them are public. I read the official GTD guide to Asana when it was published a few years ago but opted to go my own way in my setup.

Stuart Rudner

Registered
I use Asana for work. I recall several Asana threads, but I'm not sure if all of them are public. I read the official GTD guide to Asana when it was published a few years ago but opted to go my own way in my setup.
I'd love to hear about how you set things up. Could we connect outside of the forum?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Lots of ways to set it up. Trick is finding the sweet spot for you. I coached someone on Asana today (I'm one of the certified coaches and write all of the Setup Guides) and set the person up on one Board that had 4 simple lists: Projects, Next Actions, Waiting For, and Someday/Maybe. They were thrilled. They had completely overcomplicated Asana and thought they needed a complex system. Sometimes simple is the way to go.

Stuart Rudner

Registered
Wow - I cannot get my head around how that is possible! I am setting up dozens of projects with many tags. I would love to understand more if we could connect?

enyonam

Registered
Lots of ways to set it up. Trick is finding the sweet spot for you. I coached someone on Asana today (I'm one of the certified coaches and write all of the Setup Guides) and set the person up on one Board that had 4 simple lists: Projects, Next Actions, Waiting For, and Someday/Maybe. They were thrilled. They had completely overcomplicated Asana and thought they needed a complex system. Sometimes simple is the way to go.

That is SO true. I often see people over-use tool features instead of finding the structure that is simple, usable and ... most important for me ... attractive. Thanks for sharing.