• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Anyone using Bento?

  • Thread starter Thread starter eodins
  • Start date Start date
E

eodins

Guest
When I got a copy of entourage 2008 for my mac and found out they had dropped the palm conduit, I decided to dump microsoft and find something else. After looking around at a few things, I decided on Bento from Filemaker. It's working really well for me as a gtd app and I can sync my info with my treo. It integrates with iCal and Address book, but doesn't have Mail integration yet. By the way people are crying for it on the forums, I think they'll put it in a future release.

Has anyone else given it a try? How are you using it?

- Eric
 
Too bad there is not more activity with this as I am intrigued by Bento. I am a regular user of filemaker. Let me know how you are using it and if you think it is worth a try.

MTF
 
Michael Fahey;58484 said:
Too bad there is not more activity with this as I am intrigued by Bento. I am a regular user of filemaker. Let me know how you are using it and if you think it is worth a try.

MTF

I found Bento very database-y. But my real issue is that it assumes you use one machine for whatever you use Bento to do. I use three machines regularly. I think the future of such personal apps has to be more web-friendly. Evernote is an example, with its web/mac/pc/iphone abilities, but it's not a database.
 
Julian;58487 said:
would Yojimbo provide what your looking for?

Oops, sorry if I gave the impression I was looking for software. I'm not. I have used Yojimbo for some time, and it's a good, useful application. I just think Bento is unappealing- particularly because it want to store all its data in your Library.
 
I got my copy of Bento today and will start "playing" with it tonight.

There are a few GTD references on the Bento forum at the Filemaker site. I'll look into it and let y'all know what I find out.

WW
 
Top