• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Anyone using ControlPlane on Mac?

Hello, All,

I just saw a review (Jason Snell on MacBreak Weekly) on ControlPlane and I'm wondering if anyone is using it to manage their contexts. And if so, how is it working for you?

It's a piece of free software (http://www.controlplaneapp.com) that lets you change settings (for lack of a $20 word...) on your computer based on where you are. So, if I take my computer to, say, my dad's house, ControlPlane would automatically know where I was and change my default printer, let's say, to his printer.

This is what the site says about it:
ControlPlane allows you to build configuration profiles, contexts in ControlPlane lingo, for your Mac based on where you are or what you are doing. ControlPlane determines where you are or what you are doing based on a number of available evidence sources and then automatically reconfigures your Mac based on your preferences. Evidence sources can include your current location, visible WiFi networks, attached USB devices, running applications and more. You can even write your own evidence sources using shell scripts!

So, if you are using it, I'd love to know if it's all it's cracked up to be.

Thanks!

Dena
 
Top