Anyone using PocketMirror with the PalmPre

tominperu

Registered
Is anyone using PocketMirror with the PalmPre to sync with Outlook?

http://www.chapura.com/PalmPreGTD.php

I use a Palm Centro at the moment and like the idea of buying a Palm Pre but it needs to work as well as KeySuite (also by Chapura) does on the Palm Centro with Outlook Sync.

Thanks in advance for any info on this.

hikerpa

Registered
Looks like a great program! Thanks for sharing it. Sorry I can't comment on how well it works. I have a Pre but I do most of my GTD through Nozbe.

Ellen

jimboling

Registered
Ellen - do you use Nozbe with your Pre? I was browsing their website and they only mention support for iPhone; is the Pre support something relatively new?

Thanks!

lswartzen

Registered
Loren

I've been using PocketMirror with a Palm Pre for several weeks. The tasks and calendar sync very well. For some reason, I haven't been able to sync the notes and contacts, but I think that's a problem that can be fixed when I have more time.

tominperu

Registered
lswartzen;76818 said:
I've been using PocketMirror with a Palm Pre for several weeks. The tasks and calendar sync very well. For some reason, I haven't been able to sync the notes and contacts, but I think that's a problem that can be fixed when I have more time.

Good to know! Is that with a sync on wireless?

hikerpa

Registered
jimboling;76815 said:
Ellen - do you use Nozbe with your Pre? I was browsing their website and they only mention support for iPhone; is the Pre support something relatively new?

Thanks!

Yes I do use Nozbe on my Pre. I use the website inozbe.com. It's set up for the iphone but works really well with my Pre.
Hope that helps.

lswartzen

Registered
You sync by wireless. Both the pre and the pc need to be on the same wireless network. I wish it was possible to sync via the web and instantaneously but I don't think that's possible.

tominperu

Registered
lswartzen;76894 said:
You sync by wireless. Both the pre and the pc need to be on the same wireless network. I wish it was possible to sync via the web and instantaneously but I don't think that's possible.

Yes, this is my concern. At home I have wireless so I should be able to sync at home. But at work my laptop is not on wireless but connected to the internet via a lead to the company server and to get a wireless connection would probably be a hassle as they wouldn't understand why it was necessary. Outlook on my computer syncs with an Exchange server, so I can also access my outlook account on a web page. But from what you are saying it sounds like PocketMirror couldn't sync with the that directly either or am I wrong?

Is it possible to sync via bluetooth? I do already have that on my work laptop. It's annoying they couldn't just keep the old lead connection which, though perhaps antiquated, did do the job just fine.

By the way, how is PocketMirror? I really like Chapura Keysuite on the Centro and imagine its at least as good.