Anyone using Simple GTD?

Rand

Registered
Still trying to figure out what program(s) to use to implement GTD. See that "Simple GTD" is recommended by Zen Habits author who says he uses this simple, free program. Any experience or thoughts about this

Popeye

Registered
The right tool is always the question...

Hi Rand

I have not tried the program you mention... but...

My journey with GTD started with paper planner (Filofax, Personal size), via Palm (Life Balance), back to paper, then to iPhone (trying out Things and Omni Focus - OF on both Mac and iPhone)....

I´m back on paper now, no surprise ´cause I like the feel of a brand new diary at the begining of a new year, jotting down peoples birthdays and other things that I already know is going to happen in the new year... etc...

As you can see : http://www.gtdtimes.com/2010/10/12/what-are-the-best-tools-for-gtd/#comments

there are many ways to mastering GTD with a lot of different tools...

I hope that you get the principles about GTD first, before you trying to find that "silver bullet"... ;)

Remember this.. it´s not the tool that do the work, it´s you. The tool is just a tool to collect lists with your next actions, projects, Agendas and other contexts...

This was a long answer and it was not an answer to your question...

Hopefully you get the grip of what tool you will use.

Best whishes

Rand

Registered
wow - too many choices!

Thanks for the link and advice. Trying to narrow down choices for GTD programs and the thread opened up to many more! Would like to get started with a program I can use and stick with for the new year, so better pick something.

policarpo

Registered
I have a few questions:

What do you want to get from the GTD system you use?
What platform(s) are you using this system on?
What are some core features you consider a 'must have'?

There's a lot out there, but I think answering these three questions will help me to offer up some advice.

Cheers
-policarpo