Anyone usinr Pocket Informent for PPC?

D

drumsonly2002

Getting a pocket PC for GTD and came across this: Pocket Informant replaces your built in Contacts / Calendar / Tasks applications with more powerful, yet simple, full featured versions along with cool additions in one fully integrated application. This means that we sync with Outlook and ActiveSync, or third party Sync solutions. What do you think? Would a palm pilot work just as good for GTD? I need Quickbooks Pro, Excel, word and a good scheduler in a Palm of PPC. All and any advice happily accepted.

pswets

Registered
drumsonly2002 said:
Getting a pocket PC for GTD and came across this: Pocket Informant replaces your built in Contacts / Calendar / Tasks applications with more powerful, yet simple, full featured versions along with cool additions in one fully integrated application. This means that we sync with Outlook and ActiveSync, or third party Sync solutions. What do you think? Would a palm pilot work just as good for GTD? I need Quickbooks Pro, Excel, word and a good scheduler in a Palm of PPC. All and any advice happily accepted.
Pocket Informant is a terrific program. If you get a PPC (rather than a palm; your other posts indicate you may be still deciding), PI is the first program I'd buy.

Oh, and be wary: while PPCs come with a "pocket word" and a "pocket excel," these are pathetic, eviscerated programs which will greatly disappoint you. To really do spreadsheets and word processing on your PPC you will want Softmaker's Textmaker and Planmaker. Wonderful, though pricy, programs.

S

SKL

another PI question

I just downloaded the trial ... Blame it on my headcold, but I can't figure out how to work with PI from my desktop ... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ext555

Registered
PI doesn't have a desktop component --it syncs with outlook just like the built in pim in the ppc.

some of the PI features don't sync with outlook (outlook doesn't have those features ; )

MsftMan

Registered
Also, (since no one has mentioned this) do yourself a favor and when you complete your evaluation of PI, try AgendaFusion. It is similar with a few differences, but worth checking out for their free trial period. Then you can make an educated eval of both applications and choose which fits the way your work and visualize best.

Warm regards,
Steve Banks