Australian GTD Community, anyone down here ?

args007

Registered
HI,

I would like to catchup with any Aussy GTDers, I live in Brisbane and would like to know any other GTDers in the local area who would be interested in a coffee/ chat.

regards
Neil
Brisbane Australia.
0412 256 536

Geekgirl

Registered
I'm an Aussie but live in Sydney. Will keep an eye on this forum though - I haven't met many other Aussie GTDers so I may be your only hope!

MauriceLSmith

Registered
I'm another GTD'er based in Sydney (south side)

GTD keeps my life sane as a self-employed on-the-road computer software consultant.

I have only this week acquired an Samsung Galaxy Android S2, I'm now using Ultimate To Do backed up Toodledo on my desktop PC.

Regards
Maurice

args007

Registered
Toodledo

MauriceLSmith;93553 said:
I'm another GTD'er based in Sydney (south side)

GTD keeps my life sane as a self-employed on-the-road computer software consultant.

I have only this week acquired an Samsung Galaxy Android S2, I'm now using Ultimate To Do backed up Toodledo on my desktop PC.

Regards
Maurice

HI Maurice,
I started using Toodledo 2 weeks ago and I Love It, it helps me to keep on track with whats going on and I love the Context search.

I have an Iphone, Ipad and PC and love that is syncs them all.

Happy GTDing......
Neil:D

args007

Registered
Aussie Aussie Aussie.....

PaulK;93552 said:
I'm an Aussie, but live in London, so not great for meeting up...

HI Paul,

Just the fact that you're an Aussie it enough :cool:

What has been the toughest part of GTD for you ?

Neil

args007

Registered
Sydney Groups

Geekgirl;93534 said:
I'm an Aussie but live in Sydney. Will keep an eye on this forum though - I haven't met many other Aussie GTDers so I may be your only hope!

HI Geek Girl,

Thanks for repying and it's great to know you're there :D

Do you know of any GTD groups in Sydney ?

regards
Neil

F

firepit

thanks

I'm an Aussie, but live in Pakistan, so not great for meeting up. sorry :(

Geekgirl

Registered
args007;93575 said:
HI Geek Girl,

Thanks for repying and it's great to know you're there :D

Do you know of any GTD groups in Sydney ?

regards
Neil

None whatsoever. I've only met one other person who uses GTD, although I've recommended the book to about 20 people.

msscrivener

Registered
Sydneytown

Geekgirl;93534 said:

Hi Geekgirl! I'm in Sydney too, there must be other GTDers here, surely! I would love to swap experiences with people. I'll do a bit of online hunting - if I find anything, I'll post it here.

If we manage to organise an event, we'll invite you down to NSW, Neil :)

joegormally

Registered
Hi Guys

Hi Guys,

I'm a GTD user aswell and live near Sydney. Great to hear from fellow Aussie GTDers. I wonder has there ever been official seminars or stuff for GTD in Australia?

Geekgirl

Registered
joegormally;93746 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm a GTD user aswell and live near Sydney. Great to hear from fellow Aussie GTDers. I wonder has there ever been official seminars or stuff for GTD in Australia?

Sadly not, I keep begging them to come here!

N

Natasha.Stevenson

It's great to hear from everyone. We are still looking into Australia and always appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

PaulK

Registered
Regular weekly review

args007;93574 said:
What has been the toughest part of GTD for you ?
Neil

Sorry, missed this post and didn't reply.

I struggled for a long time to get regular weekly reviews happening. Now have that pretty much nailed for 'work' but still need to find a regular time for 'home' review.

Paul

gupt.rak

Registered
I am in perth

I am in Perth and my 2012 resolution is to embrace GTD full hearted. Would love to see more local people interested to help each other.

Suelin23

Registered
Natasha.Stevenson;94122 said:
It's great to hear from everyone. We are still looking into Australia and always appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Even some webinars that are Australia time zone appropriate would be great - if you are going to do this please advertise so I can rejoin Connect

Toby Jarvis

Registered
Hello from Hobart

And don't forget us folks in Tassie!

There's plenty of us here who are very familiar with GTD and its profound benefits. While folks are certainly making inroads into using GTD, I'm not aware yet of any black-belt practitioners; a visit by the David Allen Company would be most welcome!

I started out my GTD journey using the NetCentrics add-in for Outlook, but have since moved to the Apple ecosystem (= OmniFocus). After a year or so off the GTD wagon, when I lived mostly in emergency-scanning mode, I've just bought an iPad and am finding that OmniFocus works much better for me with this tool and its human-friendly interface than with the Mac (I'm so over the mouse as a control tool - bring on the Minority Report style computer interface I say!).

Other GTD-related tools for me include Dropbox, Zenbe Lists and of course iCloud for centralising email, calendars and contacts. Will investigate Evernote as a tool for reference and project-support material and need to look into some outlining/brainstorming tools as well.