Australian GTD Community, anyone down here ?

Suelin23

Registered
kelstarrising;94663 said:
What would be an ideal time for you?

I'm not sure what time zone you are, but if you are similar to New York and you did a late Friday evening webinar (say 6-7pm), this would be early Saturday morning for Australia (10am in Melbourne, 7am in Perth, 9am in Brisbane). This would probably be the easiest way to get a time that suits both Americans and Australians at the same time.

JHewison

Registered
The Adelaide tilt

Come on south central Australia.
I've been using GTD here in Adelaide for 3 years. I know of one other person here who uses GTD but it's good to know sanity is catching on.
Still haven't found a suitable alternative to Outlook with my good old Windows mobile 6 enabled PDA. I'd love a good smart phone that could interface as effectively with Outlook (while providing wifi hotspot and phone). This would save me carrying around 3 devices.
All the best.
James

PeterW

Registered
Hi fellow Aussies. :D

I'm located in Sydney - live on the south side and work in the western suburbs. I've been 'doing' GTD for about 2.5 years and have been an occasional participant on the forums here although I totally missed this thread until now!

For most of that time I've been using Toodledo on the web synced with Appigo Todo on my iPhone but just recently I've switched my online service to Appigo's Todo Online and also run Todo for Mac at home. I like Appigo's approach - they manage to handle complexity with a simple and intuitive UI.

Good to know that there are other Australian GTD people around!

billjw

Registered
Perth here

Hi all

Perth here. You'll see I joined in 2003 but for various reasons haven't really become a master at this.
I actually remember emailing David Allen before I knew he was a guru in this and drank in all his stuff.
Happy to be involved in Webinars. Will be in Melbourne week after next if anyone wants to have a coffee, swap stories...

Would love to see DA in Australia.

Currently have a MacBook Air, Android phone and tablet so finding an ideal set up is challenging. I did have an iPhone which meant OF was my tool of choice. (just like my gadgets and android :( )

Looking at Producteev, Wunderlist and Doit.im at the moment.

CassRussell

Registered
Brisbane people?

I missed this post the first time despite being a connect member for many years. Have only recently been 'active' in the forums.

I'd love to meet up with other Brisbane GTD fans if you're still around (cass@cassrussell.com.au).

So pleased to hear there is a Sydney meet up. I'm sure the David Allen Company reps will come to Australia soon :)