Best Digital Capture Tool I've Found

JSMaxwell

Registered
Hello All,

If you haven't given the app called Braintoss a try, I highly suggest it. Its my only digital capture tool at this point. Launch the app, decide if you want to capture voice, text, or image, and then whatever you capture is whisked off to the email address you have set up. It works wonderfully with Omnifocus and Evernote.

You can find them on twitter @braintoss

Jason

Folks

Registered
I use Nirvana as my trusted system. For capturing "stuff" I use the app "BrainToss" which I have installed on my iphone.

The "capturing process" works like this:

1. I open BrainToss, pressing one of the three options: voice, image or note. Then I choose:

2.1 speaking my item (it is automatically transcribed into text) and pressing "send" or
2.2 typing it and pressing "send" or
2.3 taking a photo and pressing "send"

3. The item (loose end) is automatically sent to the Nirvana server (they give you the address) and a moment later it appears in my Nirvana Inbox app.

That's it. Whenever something comes into my mind I follow steps 1-3, a matter of 10 seconds, then the loose end is in my trusted system waiting for "processing".

Oogiem

Registered
On iPhone's Siri integrated with Omnifocus is also great, a simple verbal reminder goes into my inbox for further processing later.

PeterW

Registered
Captio is another for iOS (capture text or photo and then email) but my favourite would be Drafts. It's cool for so many reasons.

Folke

Registered
I use Siri for emergency quick capture. These items automatically end up in my Doit (list manager) inbox.

Normally, though, I prefer to enter (and process) tasks manually straight away in Doit, while I have them fresh in my head. I do not see it as an ideal solution for me to first enter stuff sloppily in one app, impose a mandatory delay, and then think them through again later in another app.

Dave Edwards

Registered
So many apps....so little time.

I use Siri on my iPhone to send quick capture items into Nirvana.....or I want to write something more substantial, I use my DA Notetaker wallet sheets.

mpcjanssen

Registered
For Android I have written an app called Ubiquitous Capture Tool which tries to give the same low barrier entry as a stack of paper.
It works best with a stylus on a larger device. But I also use it with my finger on a nexus 5.
I haven't found anything digital which allows me faster capture.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

wjlynch

Registered
Folks So when you send a photo to Nirvana, what happens to it? My understanding is that Nirvana only accepts text, not pictures or attachments.

Steve_Dunn

Registered
Folks So when you send a photo to Nirvana, what happens to it? My understanding is that Nirvana only accepts text, not pictures or attachments.
I think you're right, there, @wjlynch. I couldn't see any pictures or speech files, text only. If I'm wrong, I'd love to know how you can get this to work!

OF user

Registered
For years I have used pen and paper, and in the rare case I don't have any - the notes app on the iPhone. I do also agree with Oogie regarding omnifocus. In fact, I believe omnifocus is the best app period for ubiquitous capture by a list manager provided you carry an iPhone - with or without Siri.