• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Best Outlook version for mac?

Toffel

Registered
Hi guys,

I have to use a mac for work and I am also using the Microsoft 365 suite.
I am unsure which version of outlook to use and would love to hear about some of your experiences and opinions.

I think there are 4 ways to use outlook on a mac:
  1. Outlook desktop client for mac
  2. Using the "Legacy Version" of the Outlook desktop client for mac
  3. Web version
  4. Outlook desktop client for windows using parallels desktop and the coherence mode.

Which version of Outlook do you think is the best for GTD and why?

Highly appreciate your feedback.
 
Last edited:
The web version of Outlook gets the latest features first, followed by the "new" Outlook for Windows. At work I use Windows 11 and the "new" Outlook client sometimes acts flaky, so I switch to the web version. I also use the macOS, iPad, and iPhone Outlook apps.
 
Hi guys,

thanks for your feedback.

I did some testing myself and I also would say that the web version works better than the native mac apps.
The only downside of the web versions is, that you can't add more than one email account. Since I am managing a lot of different email addresses I still have to use the native app.
 
Top