Best Smartphone to For GTD Newbie

rubaga

Registered
Just my 2 cents

I am using PocketPC smartphone HTC Touch (I think in US Sprint Touch). In terms of Software I am using MyLifeOrganized which has a pocketPC add on. Our office allows both Blackberry and PocketPC use. I use Blackeberry as well for e-mails, Calendar and Contacts. Do not use it or Outlook for ToDo, project lists. At the moment I am trying to implement ZeroInbox recommendations from this site with a mixed success (I get 500+ messages a day). Finally I mostly use smartphone to add actions and look through lists on the go. For more detailed things, reviews etc I am using software on my computer. Apologize for a long reply.

sweat

Registered
I bought a Motorola Q 9c last night.

I looked at the HTC Touch, but didn't like the touch screen for typing. Nice technology, but not suited for what I wanted. The HTC Mogul just seemed a bulky, though the keyboard on it is nice.

I did look at the Blackberries. The only one that Sprint offers with a camera is the Pearl and I went back and forth on it. What I didn't like was the two letters per key and the higher monthly cost.

The Palms just didn't impress me. The keys on the Centro were way too small. The Treos looked good, but the aging software combined with Palm's horrible financial status were turn offs. Even my wife, who uses the Palm software, is not a big fan of the Treo. I know a lot of you love the Treo and more power to you; my personal opinion is just different.

The one thing I am noticing with the Q is that I will have to spend some time with the user's manual to understand how to work this thing. It's not horribly complex, but not completely straightforward either. (I'd probably have the same learning curve with a BB). Then the next step is working GTD into it.

I'm still a bit concerned about syncing tasks with a USB cable, but Sprint says I should be able to do it. We'll see.

MrProactive

Registered
Isn't Simple Sweet?

I was thinking more about this thread and wanted to ask all you users of these "cool User Interface" Smartphones like the Blackberry's, iPhones and such.

Focusing strictly on GTD (the literal), isn't this so much quicker and easier to use (see my screen-shot of my Treo task list). I have what I need right there. The notes re such are right there. Adding a new task is a piece of cake. Do the flashy UI's allow this?

PalmTaskList.jpg