• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Best Smartphone

  • Thread starter Thread starter tek
  • Start date Start date
T

tek

Guest
I would like to buy a smartphone. What is everyone else out there using with GTD? Would you recommend it? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks
 
Blackberry

I have a Blackberry, and I love it. I could never go back to a "regular" phone.

I don't have any GTD-specific apps installed, but I use it to surf the Internet and access GMail, which is where I direct all my different email accounts.

Marina
 
Palm Treo 680 with Graffiti Anywhere installed, so you can input text like a regular Palm.

I find the Treo faster to work with than the Blackberry.

I think there is also a 'Push Email' add on for the Treo, available on the Palm.co site, if you need to that function. I prefer to get email on a less regular basis !

Graffiti Anywhere:

http://www.escande.org/palm/GrfAnywhere/index.html
 
tek;54655 said:
I would like to buy a smartphone. What is everyone else out there using with GTD? Would you recommend it? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks

I use an iPhone. I have had Palms for years before, but when my TX went crazy, I could not see spending the extra money for a Treo over an iPhone. (Yes, that's right, total 2-year cost is less with an iPhone.) I use Remember the Milk and iCal (synced to Google Calendar). It is easy to implement GTD with Remember the Milk. Lots of flexibility, and a good iPhone interface. There are several other web 2.0 apps for gtd on iPhone.

Advantages: as long as the web is up, I have access to my lists just about everywhere, without syncing. The iPhone is great.

Disadvantages: the current lack of cut and paste is stupid, but will probably get fixed. The iPhone is probably not a good option for the crypto-geek uber-businessman ("I wrote a two-hour power point presentation on my phone"), but I have been there, done that, and obsessing over hard-to-use "features" is a waste.
 
Top