• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Best timeline / gantt chart app ?

Mac based one is Aeon Timeline, specifically designed for writers who are placing characters and events in a story it's really cool feature is you can set your own year/month/day times. I've adapted it to be a project plan in part because I can collapse and expand pieces to see more or less detail. The Story arc features adapt well to pieces of a plan or separate interlocking projects.

http://www.scribblecode.com/

Download a free trial to test with.
 
Thanks for the suggestions !
i think after looking though a couple of these apps, what I really need is more of a visual timeline of a linear calendar. Something that I can place a lot of images in. Right now I found upon this app.

http://www.timelinemaker.com/
 
Tado;104235 said:
Thanks for the suggestions !
i think after looking though a couple of these apps, what I really need is more of a visual timeline of a linear calendar. Something that I can place a lot of images in. Right now I found upon this app.

http://www.timelinemaker.com/

Timeli for the iPad is more that kind of tool, but of course there's not going to be PC integration. But it's not expensive.
 
I work with many large national companies and hotel chains that have subsiduaries. If a national customer reports an issue at say one of his hotels would this be a project ( assuming it meets the criteria 2 or more actions ) listed under in this instance the Customer/owner , The individual hotel or the area manager requesting or would it be another definied heading.
I would be interested to hear of the way others deal with this bearing in mind there are many such organisations i get involved with directly or through reportees..
i hope ive eplained it clearly enough to enable some much needed feedback from you experts out there

Regards
 
Top