• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Best voice recorder: in cell phone, and freestanding

I prefer voice recorders that can be activated by touch and without looking at them. Probably a one touch record button-start record/stop record with the same button would be good. Which of the Palm Treos has a good voice recorder. The voice recorder is very important to me since I get a lot of ideas while driving.

John
 
John,

I use a Treo 650. It has a decent voice recorder. My use of it for voice recording has dropped to zero since I started using jott.com. Now when I'm driving and I have an idea, I just hit the phone key, plus J, and I'm dialing Jott!

- Don
 
I've got a Centro. I'm very happy with the Voice Memo feature. From any application, you press & hold the side button, wait momentarily for the beep, speak, and then release the button to stop recording. If you are already in the Voice Memo app, you press & release the side button to record and then a second press to stop. Simple.

I think the Treo 7xxP's work the same way. Don't know about the Windows Mobile version, however.
 
Top