• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Best Web/Desktop Calendar?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dropdeaddustin
  • Start date Start date
D

dropdeaddustin

Guest
A perfect calendar for me would have these features:

1. E-mail reminders - I want to be able to automatically receive emails 2 days prior to an event. I don't want to have to set a reminder separately for each event either. It would be neat if there was an option that automatically did this for ALL events.

2. Flexible - I want a calendar that has the ability to let me easily sculpt it. One feature I like about 30boxes and gCal is that you can drag events to different dates. I like that you can easily delete events in 30Boxes by dragging it into the trashcan. I also want to be able to make spread events - events that stretch across 2 or more days visually. Like a long bar that says 'semester tests' across one week when I have my semester tests or 'christmas break' that stretches across the days I have christmas break for school.

Anyone know of any web OR desktop calendars that do this?
 
Yes, Google calendar does everything you want---email reminders, graphical manipulation, etc. It's set up to send email reminders for all events by default.

(For the more venerable [think 1980s] and esoteric, I highly recommend the text-based program Remind. -- http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/remind -- Lightning fast to manipulate, very flexible output, and scriptable to your heart's content. But this will not be to everyone's liking since it's a bit geeky and runs on *nix platforms.)
 
Top