• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

bonsai for macs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
does anyone know of an outliner program like bonsai that will run on macs? I was just looking at how well it integrates an outline with to do's and calendars.
 
also

I forgot to say on a palm connected to a mac. I want this for my palm pilot.
 
Try Shadow Plan

I've used Shadow Plan for years - a recently released beta desktop for Mac is looking pretty good. It still needs a few tweaks to graduate from beta, but I think you'll find it more than capable - not quite as 'pretty' as Bonsai, but a solid tool. Handheld version is in some ways better (more functionality and customizable) than Bonsai IMHO. It's worth a look at...

http://www.codejedi.com

- MB
 
I use/used

I've just switched to LifeBalance, sort of playing around with it right now.

I have used DevonThink (OSX 10.2 and higher) which you can test drive here: http://www.devon-technologies.com

Also I use Aquaminds' NoteTaker for tons of work related tasks. I have just set up GTD in its own notebook, and I want to compare which is the best solution for me. NoteTaker is at http://www.aquaminds.com . Before these I make my own templates etc in FileMaker Pro 6 and in Excel.

[You can also blog and directly browse dynamic pages in a notebook. Even one you post online with keep the embedded browsers and dynamic links. Go visit http://culturehack.typepad.com/notetakerblogging for details .. that blog is Kevin's proof of concept blog.]
 
Top