• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Book or Audio book?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mewong
  • Start date Start date
M

mewong

Guest
Hi there,

Between a book and a audio book, which is advisable?

Appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Have a wonderful Xmas and Happy New Year :)

Regards,
mewong
 
I did both. You need to read the book & I use toe audio book to re-enforce the main points. I do a lot of road time so I tend to listen to it every couple of months. Each time I pick up something different.

Dave
 
I didn't want to sound like a shameless shill for DavidCo but then I read the post by SalesDave above.

And I have to confess, I also have both hardcopy and audio version of GTD and RFA... plus I just ordered the unabridged audio version of both as well. It was my Christmas present to me :)

Seriously, I think the answer depends of how much time and or money you have. I spend a fair bit of time in the car, and on airplanes, so the audio books are great.

On the other hand, the hardcopy books are affordable and portable. I bought them first to see if I found the material useful... and I did. I still keep them on my shelf and re-read or loan them out from time to time.

- Don
 
My son-in-law just joked that he found many hours of DA audio content in my car's CD holder. It's true! I have the following material from Davidco:

Books:

*Getting Things Done (2 copies as I wore out the paperback so bought the hardcover)
*Ready for Anything"

Audio:

*All the GTDConnect audio
*GTD CD Set
*Ready for Anything (CD)

I enjoy learning and DA is a big part of my ongoing personal development.
 
Top