Braintoss and NirvanaHQ

Ariadne Marques

Registered
I noticed that Braintoss works beautifully to send text notes to NirvanaHQ Inbox. But the audio option doesn't transcribe anything. When I try to send an audio note I get: **Here's your braintoss** instead of a transcription of my audio.
Has anybody gone through this same issue? Is Braintoss audio option supposed to work with Nirvana HQ?

Mateusz

Registered
I think Braintoss doesn't do transcriptions but I may be wrong.
When I used Barintoss with Nozbe it always sent an audio file.
Nirvana doesn't support attachments yet so that is why you receive only a short note.

edit:
They are working on a new version that is going to roll out in November. Maybe something will change.

Ariadne Marques

Registered
I think Braintoss doesn't do transcriptions but I may be wrong.
When I used Barintoss with Nozbe it always sent an audio file.
Nirvana doesn't support attachments yet so that is why you receive only a short note.

edit:
They are working on a new version that is going to roll out in November. Maybe something will change.

Thanks, @Mateusz ! That's nice to hear that they are working on a new version.
I discovered one way to transcribe audio using an iPhone. It's actually built-in into iOS: when opening a window to type a note just tap on the "microphone" icon on the keyboard and speak. iOS will do the transcription. And that works with all apps. So I've found a little workaround if I want to dictate something to Nirvana instead of typing.

SDH

Registered
I just downloaded Braintoss this morning as I’m heading out on a road trip tomorrow and tend to do my best thinking in the car. I noticed Braintoss allows you to put multiple email addresses in so you can choose which email address to send something to. I’m planning on sending the straight reminder type items (where the subject line of the email is the reminder) to my Nirvana inbox since that’s what I mostly need, but if I do notes or images, send them to my work email address where I can then process them as needed. It’s clunky, but no more so than any other voice reminder apps I’ve tried on my phone while driving....

Geert De Vooght

Registered
Thanks, @Mateusz ! That's nice to hear that they are working on a new version.
I discovered one way to transcribe audio using an iPhone. It's actually built-in into iOS: when opening a window to type a note just tap on the "microphone" icon on the keyboard and speak. iOS will do the transcription. And that works with all apps. So I've found a little workaround if I want to dictate something to Nirvana instead of typing.

Hi Ariadne, you could use Siri to dictate an e-mail to your Nirvana Inbox. I have an Android phone, but it works the same way (with Google Assistant) and I find that the speech-to-text transcription is very good.