Calling Android users

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hello GTD Connect members,

For those of you with Android devices, we would appreciate your feedback about how the audio and video content works for you. Please try out this link, and any other audio/video content. If you would be so kind as to post as a reply to this thread, letting us know how the content works on your Android device, especially any issues or problems. Also, please include which version of the Android operating system you are running.

http://www.davidco.com/connect/video.php?titleid=179&trackid=642

Thanks much. This will help us to improve our support for Android users.

Best,
John

pmcardle

Registered
Does not work on Droid Bionic running Andriod 2.3.4

I tried the link for you on my Droid. It says video cannot be played. Thanks.

tawaters

Registered
Calling All Android users

I also get "Sorry, this video cannot be played" on my HTC EVO with Android version 2.3.5

Tom

TesTeq

Registered
Yes to both on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (GT-P1000) Android 2.2.

Yes to both on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (GT-P1000) Android 2.2, kernel 2.6.32.9, version FROYO.XWJJ7 (not updated or upgraded after purchase).

mu2pilot

Registered
Galaxy SII

John Forrister;99609 said:
Thanks for the responses. Very helpful to us.

John, both clips are working on my Samsung Galaxy SII phone, running 2.3.6.

Is there a workaround to be able to view existing videos on GTD Connect? I am getting the same error message, "video cannot be played", when I try to view videos on this site.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
mu2pilot;99819 said:
Is there a workaround to be able to view existing videos on GTD Connect?

Hello mu2pilot,

At this point there isn't a workaround. The Android 2.x operating system interacts with the video player in a different way than the new Android OS. The 2.x OS isn't really very old, so we're looking for a way to make the player backwards compatible.

Best,
John

G

Thanks everyone for your replies!

This tells us that the underlying tools we are using seem to be Android 2.x+ compatible. We just need to figure out how to make them work in the broader context of Connect authentication and streaming for Android devices. Tricky, because we're not using Android much ourselves, and the emulators really struggle with video to begin with.

Bear with us. We love mobile and want to make it work on the broadest ranges of devices we can (within reason).