Capturing ideas in the shower

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss the GTD Methodology' started by hnortonil, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Shower Thinker

Shower Thinker Registered

Waterproof Notepads for Shower Thinkers

My wife and I are also hard core shower thinkers. We use AquaNotes a waterproof notepad for the shower. They also have an Aqua LoveNotes pad. The same concept with a red pencil for leaving love notes. You can order on-line…havent seen them in stores yet. http://www.myaquanotes.com

2. michelle1908

michelle1908 Registered

AquaNotes

Aqua Notes looks perfect. I added it to my someday/maybe list but think I will soon be moving it to my next action list. At $9, it will be well worth it.

3. Oso wakki

Oso wakki Registered

You can also build your own shower recorder like this guy showerpi.com.

Says there the parts should cost 42$ but should be able to do it for much less.

4. John Ismyname

John Ismyname Registered

I am so glad this thread became re-invigorated! In a previous life, I was an aspiring songwriter and always got song ideas in the shower and while driving. The portable recorder became my tool of choice in the early-mid 1980s. Despite using these devices around water, I get about a decade of use of use from them before they wear-out from constantly being in my pocket. When they are "de-commissioned", they are obsolete. Before you say, "there's an ap for that". A separate recorder can be used with one hand without looking at it while driving or walking. If it gets wet bathroom, no big deal - I paid $25 US for it from Amazon last month. Now they are basically flash memory sticks with a USB recharge, a LCD display and a few buttons.

5. Oogiem

Oogiem Registered

If you don't need to write ideas down that often then just take the soap bar and write the idea on the shower stall or tile. It comes off easily and you get the bonus of cleaning the bathroom too.

TesTeq likes this.
  6. John Ismyname

John Ismyname Registered

Brilliant multitasking, Oogiem :)