Carrying manila folders? How do you?

jm12345

Registered
Hey guys,

I was wondering how you carry your manila folders when you travel? I have been carrying my folders and noticing my tabs are bending.

Do you use a file jacket or is that something you picked up at Office Depot? Thanks.

grohrbach

Registered
For recurring project folders I use plastic colored folders. You could also try placing the manilla folders in a zipper portfolio or inside a plastic folder. I also struggle with this. I figure if I'm carrying it around enough to bend it it is worth converting to a plastic folder or replacing/redoing the folder once it gets worn.

jm12345

Registered
grohrbach;84696 said:
For recurring project folders I use plastic colored folders. You could also try placing the manilla folders in a zipper portfolio or inside a plastic folder. I also struggle with this. I figure if I'm carrying it around enough to bend it it is worth converting to a plastic folder or replacing/redoing the folder once it gets worn.

I have taken this route with a few of my folders like Inbox, Read & Review, and Travel. However lets say I am working on a project right now (that I do not really need to create a plastic folder for) and I need to carry it with me to work. That is the type of the situation I find myself in.

I didn't know if there was a carrier I was missing or a file jacket that can fit manilla folders.

Barb

Registered
Another vote for plastic project folders

I use the Davidco plastic folders for all projects. I reuse and reuse and REUSE them! While I have a standup place in my briefcase for them, you could also just pick up an oversized manila envelope and stick them in there.

It's the manila folders themselves that aren't sturdy.

Mtk8

Registered
I use a plastic file sleeve that I got at either Office Max or Office Depot. It expands to about 2" and is slightly taller than the manila folders to protect the tabs. It is small enough to fit inside my briefcase and also has its own cover so that it can be carried solo.

--Marc

ellobogrande

Registered
I carry around a accordion-style file pouch that fits in a briefcase. Inside are DavidCo plastic folders and manilla folders I need to support current projects/actions.

jm12345

Registered
I currently use 4 plastic folders that I carry all the time (Inbox, Read/Review, Home, Travel) so I already have used those. They work great I have to admit.

@Mtk8 - I am looking through OfficeMax, but do you have a link or description? I have looked at a lot of these sleeves and they are not what I am looking for.