• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Changing Email Subjects

  • Thread starter Thread starter wendii
  • Start date Start date
W

wendii

Guest
I have a question about changing the titles of Emails.. which some people have mentioned.

Our department has a standard email title: Action(for the manager not for us) Area: Category: Identifier. So the emails come back with the title Re: Action: Area: Category:Identifier. Do I change the title to something relevant to me eg: Review business case: Identifier and then change it back before I send it back to the manager? Or am I missing the point somewhere?

thanks

Wendii
 
Re: Titles

Wendi -

If you are using the GTD Add-In (as I am) you can change the title of the e-mail after you convert it to a Calendar Item, Task, Note, etc....

The original e-mail is filed away and stays the same.
 
AH!

Thank you!! I was missing something obvious.. I was missing out the create a 'whatever' step and rename it.. and file the original in the folder.

Hmmm - I work from a task-id, so there's a multitude of people reading the mails.. not sure if they'll follow that.. but I'm going to give it a go!

Thanks for your help.

Wendii
 
Top