Checklist software for BlackBerry

ommoran

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for recommendations on (preferably free) software to manage checklists for the BlackBerry. I had one on my Palm that worked just fine, but am looking for what people use here.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

br4978

Registered
Todo Matrix (rexwwireless.com)
Pocketday Notes
Nextaction!

- none are free - all can be found at Handango.

Best -

ommoran

Registered
br4978;52842 said:
Todo Matrix (rexwwireless.com)
Pocketday Notes
Nextaction!

- none are free - all can be found at Handango.

Thanks. I have Nextaction!, actually, but this isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something as simple (and easy) as HandyShopper for the Palm was. I used something different, which was also free, but it could just as easily have been that.

Anyway, thank you for the advise.

mavakil

Registered
I'm a very heavy Blackberry user and swithced from the Palm myself too. There are a couple of checklist softwares out there but none of them synced with Outlook. Hence I simply ended up using Memopad in my Blackberry, which syncs with my Outlook Notes. Because of the really powerful search feature in Outlook, I can drill down to the exact list I need in seconds. Also it's fairly easy to scan through all my lists when doing a weekly review too.

Do give this a try.

Keep smiling
Arif

ommoran

Registered
mavakil;52884 said:
I'm a very heavy Blackberry user and swithced from the Palm myself too. There are a couple of checklist softwares out there but none of them synced with Outlook. Hence I simply ended up using Memopad in my Blackberry, which syncs with my Outlook Notes. Because of the really powerful search feature in Outlook, I can drill down to the exact list I need in seconds. Also it's fairly easy to scan through all my lists when doing a weekly review too.

I will do, thanks. I was hoping to find something where I could "tick things off", you know?

Thanks for the tip.

C

Cluby1

I also use the notepad feature in my outlook and my blackberry (which sync) and it's worked fairly well. I have been including everything one one note though which each of my action categories listed. It's a bit crowded and scrolling is annoying especially on the blackberry. I may give your suggestion (Arif) a try which appears to be putting each list as it's own note correct?

Martin, I know what you mean, checking it off is satisfying rather than just deleting the item which is what I do.

Arif, do you store your completed items somewhere or do you just delete them?

I've been considering getting the Outlook Add-In, but I'm paranoid about changing what I am currently doing, and investing time and effort into something that may not do what I want it to. Right now what I am doing is very effective, but it's starting to feel overwhelming.

Does anyone know much about the outlook addin?

C

Cluby1

Since this post I downloaded the Outlook Whitepaper and it's well worth the $10. You get good, easy to follow assistance on setting it up and I'm humming along nicely.

D

dlpasco

Mentat Client for the BlackBerry

The Mentat BlackBerry client is in beta and can be downloaded OTA from http://brainmurmurs.com/products/mentat/v42/MentatBlackBerry.jad.

If your BlackBerry runs version 4.1 of the OS you can download a compatible version from
http://brainmurmurs.com/products/mentat/v42/MentatBlackBerry.jad.

The software requires a Mentat account, which is free, and can be setup at http://gomentat.com.

I've been using the software for about two weeks now and it's coming along nicely.

You can read more about the client on our blog, here: http://brainmurmurs.com/blog/2007/11/12/mentat-blackberry-beta-preview/

*New UI screens are up too. The Agenda view lets you set up tasks for the day & mark them complete as you get through them.

-Daniel

C

Cluby1

I'm now fully functional in Outlook tasks on my desktop and on my blackberry. This is definitely the way to go (for me) if you have to live with what your company gives you (ie. Outlook and a Blackberry). I look forward to my weekly review that's how good a system this is.