• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Clipboard for Classic size pages

Hi All!

I am in search for a lo tech gadget: A clipboard that will hold Classic size pages (8.5" x 5.5"). I have come accross mini clipboards but they are often about a 1/2 to 1/4 inch too short!

There are times I want to use my DIY pages for classic binder, but I dont want to carry the binder with me to the meeting. I thought that clipboard would be a great solution, but...they are nowhere to be found.

Thanks in advance!

Lou
 
Instigase;62232 said:
Hi All!

I am in search for a lo tech gadget: A clipboard that will hold Classic size pages (8.5" x 5.5"). I have come accross mini clipboards but they are often about a 1/2 to 1/4 inch too short!

There are times I want to use my DIY pages for classic binder, but I dont want to carry the binder with me to the meeting. I thought that clipboard would be a great solution, but...they are nowhere to be found.

Thanks in advance!

Lou

I can't help with the clipboard, but Franklin-Covey has some nice Classic size folios that they sell for their wire-bound planners. They will take a classic-size pad (which they sell), and come in a variety of configurations and price points. The one I use has a zipper and many pockets.
 
If you look at Franklin-Covey's "Compass" planning system, they have a nice bound notebook that requires no binder or holder and is Classic-sized. Each page is lined with a tinted margin on the left side.

Mine has a barcode with the following number under it:
33065 28773​

The front of the notebook as the following written on it:
Compass planning system NOTES​
 
Thanks all for your responses.

My current paper system uses a mix of Outlook printed calendars/tasks and DIY Planner sheets (my own and from the DIY site). But I will look at the Compass Pages - and continue the search (Though I think my table saw will solve the problem.)
 
Instigase;62232 said:
A clipboard that will hold Classic size pages (8.5" x 5.5").

Have you looked at contractors clipboards that have the clipboard on top and open up to hold papers and stuff inside? I know I've seen those in smaller than letter size and because they are meant to also hold papers the same size they are the clipboard part may be a bit bigger.
 
Top