Comparing GTD Implementations in Evernote, Todoist, NirvanaHQ, FacileThings a

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by Eddie Smo, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Eddie Smo

Eddie Smo Registered

Wow, lots of good recommendations. The main things I took away from the post:
    - I will try mindmapping. I have seen a few people say it works great for them.
    - I have installed a habit-tracking app (HabitHub) and will start using it. It seems like a great addition to my flow and I think does it better than my previous setup for habits in NirvanaHQ.

I think of GTD as an N-dimensional to-do list, with N being the amount of tags, contexts and labels you have :)
    My favorite thing about it is the stress reduction - that wonderful moment when you know you can trust your system so you don't need to worry about keeping everything in your head.

2. Padre C

Padre C Registered

I also use OmniFocus. They are working on a web interface. I don't use any windows machines, but we have some in the office. I think the web interface will give all the cross-platform support that I would need.

3. Kevin James

Kevin James Registered

Sr. Software Engineer
    Per the comment that NirvanaHQ development is moving pretty slow, I recently asked their support about this and got a prompt reply. They said their development team is small and focused on the native apps right now, but NirvanaHQ is very much alive and well.

Myself, I wish they would just focus on web and mobile apps, especially given they're a small team. Their web app works very well, but there are some features like improved rapid entry that I'd like to see. Nonetheless, I was impressed enough to make the move from Todoist, which I've used for many years, to Nirvana. In particular, I like the ability to set project tasks to show up sequentially and I really like the way the scheduled tasks work, showing up in my Focus list when needed.

I've been slowly ridding myself of subscription based services as much as possible, so their $50 lifetime price was an attractive option for me! I suggested in my communication to them that they at least keep their Blog up-to-date so existing and would-be customers new they were still actively working the product.

Kevin77 likes this.