• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Corel Word Perfect Lightning

I honestly wasn't that impressed by Lightning and uninstalled it after a few days.

First, it has a small section toward the bottom of the UI which flashes occasional ads or graphical tips, unfortunately that just acts as a distraction and I didn't find a way to turn it off.

Second, I use Vista and have begun to utilize its search capabilities in the same way that I use OSX + Spotlight at home. While I cannot say that I believe Vista's is better, it certainly comes close enough to Spotlight for now. However, Lightning's entries are not available via the OS search mechanism. I made several entries, waited through the day then tried to look them up to no avail.

I should add a disclaimer that I use a tool called Yojimbo on OSX to act as a reference repository and really do like it. So I do compare my tools to it.

Regards,
Kelly
 
Top