• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Daily Events Appointments - completed?

:roll: How do YOU check off Daily Events & Appointments as completed? In OUTLOOK there is a Completed check box when the Event/Appointment is opened but in the Calendar View there is no evidence of this.

I have taken the liberty of putting a small 'x' in front of the Subject for that event.

I wish a strike through similar to the Tasks was available.

I find this important for tracking especially with Daily Events. I realize David's approach for the calendar is that these are hard landscape which must be done today. And maybe I should keep them as Next Actions but my intent (with good intentions) it to Get It Done Today! Sometimes I don't.

Comments please?
 
I use outlook's automatic formatting to change the color of an item if it is marked complete. Almost as good as a 'strikeout.'

-Ken
 
I use the 'customize view' portion to show items that are not complete or do not have complete defined. When I mark something complete, the item 'disappears'.
 
I mark the Next Actions on my hard landscape (calendar) as complete using an asterisk (*). I use Outlook (shift-8) and a Palm OS device (tap-X) - that way I have a simple way to mark them that syncs between the two platforms.

Max
 
ha-ha, that should read "shift-8" to create an asterisk in Outlook...
 
Top