• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Datebook programs you love or hate?

I am using plain vanilla Palm Datebook on both handheld and desk top but I am not all that happy with it. DateBkV from PimlicoSoftware was recommend to me but I have not tried it yet. What do you think works well with GTD and what benefits are obtained? I would like to be able to print out the week in a form that is not a vertical list but a horizontal, hour by hour slice of the calendar. It would easier for me to juggle things around that way. I would also like to easily keep track of how long I soend on tasks as I go through the day.
 
Datebook software

Jamie

As excellent and powerful as DateBk V is it is only a Palm product - it synchs with the Palm Desktop (or Outlook).

The only product I know of that would give you what you want is Outlook and even then you are going to have to design a custom view.

Do you really need a horizontal view? I would try knocking up something in a spreadsheet, printing it out and filling it in in pencil just to convince yourself!

Agendus is another extremely powerful Palm program that even comes with its own Desktop and Outlook Add-in.

What I would say is that I have tried both Datebk and Agendus and each time returned to the built in application. For me the key to my productivity tools is ease and speed of use and I just find that the advantage of all the extra functionality is outweighed by the additional time taken to use them.
 
Top