David Allen and Eric Mack on the Ultimate GTD App

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
It's here! We've posted the recording in which I interview David Allen and Eric Mack about the ultimate GTD app. At the GTD Summit, David briefly shared a vision of the “ultimate GTD app” which consists of 19 pages of hand-drawn drafts of the screens he would want to use. To expand on that topic, we recorded David and Eric talking about the past, present, and future of GTD software. It's a wide-ranging discussion with stories that will inform, entertain, and maybe even surprise you.

Listen now. (89 minutes)

It's audio only, but be sure to download the PDF of David's screen drawings as well.

TesTeq

Registered
It's here! We've posted the recording in which I interview David Allen and Eric Mack about the ultimate GTD app. At the GTD Summit, David briefly shared a vision of the “ultimate GTD app” which consists of 19 pages of hand-drawn drafts of the screens he would want to use. To expand on that topic, we recorded David and Eric talking about the past, present, and future of GTD software. It's a wide-ranging discussion with stories that will inform, entertain, and maybe even surprise you.

Listen now. (89 minutes)

It's audio only, but be sure to download the PDF of David's screen drawings as well.
Thank you! Downloading... Listening...

thomasbk

Registered
@John Forrister This was an interesting conversation. I enjoyed hearing Eric's stories about developing software while learning what GTD is all about and how that knowledge influenced the development. I was surprised at how involved David was in the process. And I had no idea how long the three of you have been colleagues and friends!

sholden

Registered
That was a great conversation. A lot to digest! It might be a good one to post openly as there is a lot of good discussion on effective software development and design thinking.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
@John Forrister And I had no idea how long the three of you have been colleagues and friends!

Yes, I really enjoyed it too. I met Eric around 1992 when I took a class he was teaching on Lotus cc:Mail. He had a computer lab in Burbank with a bunch of DOS machines. And I was attending David's productivity courses in the 1980s. This proves that computers and productivity cause prematurely gray hair.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
That was a great conversation. A lot to digest! It might be a good one to post openly as there is a lot of good discussion on effective software development and design thinking.

Steve, you're absolutely right. We do plan to release it to the public, but wanted to make it available to GTD Connect members first. We may split it into two parts for the public podcast. As you said, there's a lot to digest. I also plan to ask David to talk in more detail about some of the topics that only got a couple of minutes.