David Allen in conversation with Kevin Wilde

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
David Allen has reconnected with Kevin Wilde, for a discussion about learning, leadership, and coachability. Kevin describes how he heard about GTD, and his success with making it a part of the culture at General Mills. His mission in the last few years has been to dive deeper into the science and practical application of leadership coachability. He has found that leaders who plateau below their potential have one thing in common: They stop seeking feedback so they can improve. You can find out more about Kevin's current work on on the coachability of leaders on his website, The Coachable Leader. And you can listen to David's 2007 conversation with Kevin, during his time as Chief Learning Officer for General Mills.

Video

Audio

Graeme Thom

Registered
It's a great discussion and very illuminating especially in these changing times. I'm going to listen to the 2007 conversation now.

One interesting story was about when one person was preparing to take over the role of another and when they both met for the first time to discuss the transition both people pulled out their respective "lists" - turns out they were both GTDers!

Ger80C

Registered
I like the concept of re-visiting previous in conversation guests. If David and previous guests would be open to this, more interviews/conversations like this would be highly appreciated! :)

TesTeq

Registered
David Allen has reconnected with Kevin Wilde, for a discussion about learning, leadership, and coachability. Kevin describes how he heard about GTD, and his success with making it a part of the culture at General Mills. His mission in the last few years has been to dive deeper into the science and practical application of leadership coachability. He has found that leaders who plateau below their potential have one thing in common: They stop seeking feedback so they can improve. You can find out more about Kevin's current work on on the coachability of leaders on his website, The Coachable Leader. And you can listen to David's 2007 conversation with Kevin, during his time as Chief Learning Officer for General Mills.

Video

Audio
It's great to hear "old voices". I still have a CD with the 2007 conversation!