David Allen on Setting Priorities

Murray

Registered
At 1:45 David says "all the different things you're doing today are the top priority for you in that moment, for whatever reason, or you wouldn't be doing it."

That reminds me of Marshall Rosenberg saying that "behind every action, however ineffective, tragic, violent, or abhorrent to us, is an attempt to meet a need."

Shady Waxwing

Registered
At 1:45 David says "all the different things you're doing today are the top priority for you in that moment, for whatever reason, or you wouldn't be doing it."

That reminds me of Marshall Rosenberg saying that "behind every action, however ineffective, tragic, violent, or abhorrent to us, is an attempt to meet a need."
What a coincidence you mention Marshall Rosenberg. I heard about him when I was exploring the Nonviolent Communication in the UK website.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member

Thanks for that Rosenberg reminder. It got me thinking about Maslow's hierarchy of needs.