David Allen talks with Dan Pardi

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
With a PhD in sleep science, Dan Pardi has plenty to say about the relationship between sleep and productivity. In this wide-ranging interview, David Allen talks with Dan about how sleep, rest, and mental acuity affect productivity.

Dan's approach is that health is about organizing yourself, effectively managing the project of your body. He's a fan of working from lists, in order to match mental energy to the type of task. In various places during this interview, he talks about his tools, as well as tips for improving productivity and performance.

His company is HumanOS, as in human operating system. He describes it as a personal health mastery platform.

Video

Audio

TesTeq

Registered
With a PhD in sleep science, Dan Pardi has plenty to say about the relationship between sleep and productivity. In this wide-ranging interview, David Allen talks with Dan about how sleep, rest, and mental acuity affect productivity.

Dan's approach is that health is about organizing yourself, effectively managing the project of your body. He's a fan of working from lists, in order to match mental energy to the type of task. In various places during this interview, he talks about his tools, as well as tips for improving productivity and performance.

His company is HumanOS, as in human operating system. He describes it as a personal health mastery platform.

Video

Audio
I study sleep every day. I even block 8 hours daily for this Area of Focus... ;)

Geeko

GTD since 2017
I study sleep every day. I even block 8 hours daily for this Area of Focus... ;)

I wish, I could get that much sleep. Usually something else gets in the way.
Sounds like a very interesting podcast. I am looking forward to listening to it.

Cheers,
Tristan

tdubya

Registered
I followed up on Dan Pardi's app tip Noizio. Its an app that provides background sounds of various kinds. My favourite being the cafe noise mixed with rainfall and thunder. Its early days but I'm enjoying how it breaks the silence of working alone in my home office.

Oogiem

Registered
I wish, I could get that much sleep. Usually something else gets in the way.
For most of the year I'm allocating at least 9 hours. I also almost never use an alarm clock. The only times we use an alarm clock are if we have to be up much earlier than our normal time, usually only days we are taking sheep to butcher. This means the alarm is only used about 6 times a year. Otherwise I just go to bed when tired and get up when I wake up. My sleep time varies from about 7 hours to 10 hours depending on what is going on in my life and how I feel. If I'm sick I sleep a lot more. That's actually the first indication that I am starting to get sick is I get tired. If I stop and take the sleep time then I can usually avoid any major illness.

ERJ1

Jedi Master
I followed up on Dan Pardi's app tip Noizio. Its an app that provides background sounds of various kinds. My favourite being the cafe noise mixed with rainfall and thunder. Its early days but I'm enjoying how it breaks the silence of working alone in my home office.
I used to really like brown noise as background.