• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Dealing With Reading Material - Magazines - Trade Journals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joe Bryant
  • Start date Start date
J

Joe Bryant

Guest
Like many of you, I get deluged with magazines and trade journals. Many contain useful, interesting articles. The advertisements are useful as well to keep with new products and what my competitors are doing.

But the magazines are prime offenders in the "stacking" habit.

Have you found an effective system for reading material that allows you to stay on top of things without overload?

Any tips much appreciated.

Joe
 
Dealing With Reading Material - Magazines - Trade Journals

A thought.
How about a scanner and Adobe Acrobat Writer (not Reader). Scan and save your materials including Ads then turn into 'PDF' files. You can save on Desktop or to CD and even can be read I understand using Documents To Go on a Palm.

:)
 
I use my briefcase and tickler files. I keep a few reading items in my briefcase. Whether I am at home, work, or out and about, the briefcase is handy. When the time is right to read I have the material at hand.

There are times when the reading comes in faster than it's getting done (especially if I have just bought a couple of books. The journals and other non-urgent reads have to "get in line.") Rather than haul everything I have to read around with me, I make a guess as to when I will be ready for some of the stuff and put in the tickler files appropriately.
 
Top