Develop your review habit -- live webinar

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
Whether you are still developing your review habit, or are already in the groove and want to refine, join us for a live GTD Weekly Review®. Experience what David Allen calls the “critical success factor” with GTD, by going through all 11 steps of the process, with helpful advice along the way. We include time for your comments, questions, and answers. It's an informal, friendly, and supportive way to get the most leverage out of your GTD system.

October 20, 2022, 9:00–10:30AM Pacific time

You'll find the registration link at the top of the webinars panel on the right side of GTD Connect pages.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I feel this is directed at me after yesterday's office hours ;) but unfortunately, I can't make the date. I look forward to the recording.
Thomas, I wish we could tailor the content that quickly and individually. But this was just a coincidence. We posted the review webinar link a few minutes before the live webinar you were on. You can test me to be sure, by checking what we do after the next office hour session.

Murray

Registered
Thanks... I've got an appointment for my next review and will follow the recording, to make sure I get another taste of all 11 steps. Though in future reviews I'll probably use that timer app I mentioned on the call (Tabata timer - it's designed for workouts)

Was great to be part of the webinar. I think that was a first for me here in Connect.

Last edited:

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I got up at 1:30am for a 2:00am start. At age 40 I definitely paid a price and won't be doing it often! In this instance though it was worth it to add momentum to my push for a regular review habit.
I am impressed, partly because you were coherent despite the early hour!

A few years ago an app developer in the Middle East scheduled a meeting with David, who asked that they add me to the invitation. They assumed I was on David's time, but I was still nine hours behind in California. I tried to go to sleep early, but that's not an easy sudden shift. I was on the meeting at 2:00am, with a cup of coffee on board and a second ready to load, but it was not my best showing. I also struggled with the flights from Los Angeles to Amsterdam/Europe, leaving mid-afternoon and arriving around 9:00am local time. It's a tiny bit better being on US Mountain instead of Pacific time since 2019.

Murray

Registered
@Murray @John Forrister Hey, guys! Don't complain that hard. My aunt worked the night shift (from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.) for third of her life at the weaving machine…
Was it the first third or the middle or last third of her life? In any case it's a remarkable feat.

I used to be able to work night shifts when I was 18, and my younger brother does it. But for me these days it can have severe mental health impacts in addition to the predictable physical effects.

TesTeq

Registered
Was it the first third or the middle or last third of her life? In any case it's a remarkable feat.
@Murray I wrote it was the third of her life because she was working in the three week cycle: day shift (06:00-14:00), swing shift (14:00-22:00), and night shift (22:00-06:00). For the whole life between vocational school graduation and retirement. Hard to imagine…