Did I miss the November Mailout?

gwpruitt

Registered
Overdue ?

Nothing here either...Connect Quarterly seems a tad long in the tooth as well. The site has stated it will be out in a "few weeks" for a few months now...

Any updates from the David Co folks?

R

revmhj

I just joined in October so indulge me this question: what is the monthly mailout?

apinaud

Registered
revmhj said:
I just joined in October so indulge me this question: what is the monthly mailout?

Since I subscribe, I have received a mail cd (In conversation) and part of the membership includes a monthly mail out) so far nothing in my side.

L

Lyn

the delay is frustrating

gwpruitt said:
Nothing here either...Connect Quarterly seems a tad long in the tooth as well. The site has stated it will be out in a "few weeks" for a few months now...

Any updates from the David Co folks?

Yes - the long delay on this, the comparatively sparse (yes interesting, but sparse) content and the removal of the members-only suggestion forum are just about my tipping points for cancelling my membership. Alas.

kmonroe

Registered
No mailing here either

I have been a part of the John Maxwell leadership series and must say that in regards to regularity of monthly mail outs and frequency of communication - they have the David Allen Company beat hands down. I hope the David Co people read this next statement - I would prefer to stay a member of GTD Connect because the GTD Methodology has been a life enhancing experience for me. However, at $48 per month, no new store specials in the last month, relatively little content from David or his staff (I can read your staff's blogs and not pay for them), irregularity of mailings, lack of new discussion content unless it is provided by fellow members, and no new articles - I must say you are falling seriously short of the mark I expect from such a quality company. I'm giving you until the New Year to change my mind, but without a serious change quickly, you're about to lose a subscriber.

Dave John

Registered
Having looked through the John Maxwell website, I ‘m not entirely sure that it is valid to compare it to GTD Connect: they seem to have quite a different structure and provide their services in a different format and with a different pricing policy ... more along the lines of Brian Tracy with a free newsletter and the traditional shopping list of books, videos, seminars etc. Bit like comparing apples and oranges?

David

L

Lyn

Dave John said:
Having looked through the John Maxwell website, I ‘m not entirely sure that it is valid to compare it to GTD Connect: they seem to have quite a different structure and provide their services in a different format and with a different pricing policy ... more along the lines of Brian Tracy with a free newsletter and the traditional shopping list of books, videos, seminars etc. Bit like comparing apples and oranges?

Ok - forget the comparison. What about the facts as stated?

The information and service to cost ratio is not nearly what it should be, in my opinion. And it's a real shame, because I think there's great potential that's just not being realized.

Add to that the Connect staff effectively putting the kibosh on discussions among members about how the service could be better by killing the suggestion box forum, and I am increasingly disappointed.

apinaud

Registered
Lets do not make this another discussion on if the service is or not...

I was just looking forward to learn if was me or in general. Lets be simple. if you think the service is worth keep it, otherwise cancel it.

I am sure the Davidco team is working to get a lot out of this. The first time I listen to GTD Fast, I thought was expensive. Now I think it is priceless. So lets time tell... and if someone can not wait, then unplug yourself...

Lisa Peake

Registered
Monthly packages on the way

Hi Augusto et. all,

The November monthly mailing is on its way as scheduled.

Our plan is to get you the download and podcasts roughly around the same time that the packages begin arriving in mailboxes. Stay tuned!

For those of you who are new to the site- part of your GTD Connect membership includes the In Conversation interview series with GTD users in David's personal network, mailed to you by CD at least 8 times per year, and the Quarterly newsletter, delivered and also downloadable 4 times per year.

I hope that helps!

Lisa

C

cris

Lyn said:
Add to that the Connect staff effectively putting the kibosh on discussions among members about how the service could be better by killing the suggestion box forum, and I am increasingly disappointed.
I find that the forums, which were high on my list of reasons to join, are organized in a way that does not generally allow discussion of problems. I have to place my questions in "successes" and "tips" and "social network" forums. I recently realized that when things are overwhelmingly negative, positive thinking is relatively ineffective in the short term. A system that focuses on the positive will be ignored when things are really going wrong. If the problem is attitude, maybe positive thinking is a good thing, but if the problems are real and must be solved, it's irrelevant. The drawbacks of anything must be looked at directly. I don't think there needs to be any steps taken to prevent this kind of discussion. What reason could there be? Fear that there will be mass defection and cancellation? I don't see it. I think there are plenty of members who want this to be a good thing that has value.

I always wanted to be an entrepreneur, never made it (tried once), but one thing I do remember was that you have to be very thorough about what doesn't work for the customers. One book suggested having a running list about what was wrong with other businesses out there, putting yourself in the place of a customer, and vowing not to do those things. Just today I was at Whole Foods. They provide customers with the ability to make suggestions, and then they post the answers. The vast majority of answers justified the company's decision to withdraw various products because "they weren't moving." I was really turned off and penciled in under someone's request for a product the name of the store where I knew they could buy it. :)

Cris

SaddleSC

Registered
Anybody Seen Anything Yet?

I was just curious if anyone has received the mailout yet? I read Lisa's message from last week and was (sort of) expecting it this week. Just checking in. Thanks.

tvblake65

Registered
I received the November mailing

I just received it yesterday (Thursday, Nov 09). Hope I'm not spoiling the surprise, but it's an "In Conversation" interview CD featuring Arianna Huffington.

P

plapointe

Received mine

I also received mine on Thursday -- so I'm sure yours is on the way.
Pamela

N

Nick Lascelles

Commitments

Lisa Peake said:
Hi Augusto et. all,

The November monthly mailing is on its way as scheduled.

Our plan is to get you the download and podcasts roughly around the same time that the packages begin arriving in mailboxes. Stay tuned!

For those of you who are new to the site- part of your GTD Connect membership includes the In Conversation interview series with GTD users in David's personal network, mailed to you by CD at least 8 times per year, and the Quarterly newsletter, delivered and also downloadable 4 times per year.

I hope that helps!

Lisa

I am really enjoying Connect and am looking for any reason I can to justify continuing to spend a considerable portion of my professional development budget on membership. Something that really bugs me is the Quarterly newsletter - the website has been promising it's release in a "few weeks" for some months now. It's ok with me that there has been a delay in putting it out, but DavidCo, please follow your own methodology and renegotiate the commitment with the Connect members. Change the web page to reflect the reality of the situation.

J

jfh3

Connect Quarterly

Lisa -

I am very impressed with both the quality and quantity of content on the Connect site. However, it seems that new material is added very infrequently. I've only been a member for a week now, but many users voice complaints about the frequency of updates. For example, there hasn't been a single issue of "Connect Quarterly" published yet, although it states that it will be available in "a few weeks". Any updates on this?

I feel that GTD connect is well worth the monthly fee as long as you continue to provide new material. Otherwise, how can you expect people to maintain their memberships?

Thank you very much and have an outstanding day.

James

Lisa Peake

Registered
Hi James,

Thank you for posting your concerns here. Since you've only been with us a short while, I thought you might find it helpful first of all to know what the general schedule looks like for Connect:

-Live teleseminars every quarter including Q&A with David
-The Quarterly magazine published 4 times per year
-->(Side note: it is on the way soon! Thanks to those of you who pointed out the "in a few weeks" reference, which we have corrected. For those of you who know David's commitment to excellence, it's no surprise he's chose to include richer content rather than rush it off the press)
-Monthly In Conversation interviews- first mailed to you, and then posted on the site and through the Podcast feed for download
-UpClose reflections from David
-Bonus events and offerings
(Be sure to check out the Weekly Review teleseminar coming on December 5)
-The complete Members' Library of audio, video, and articles

Some of our members who have been with us some time may be noticing that there has been less brand new content added in recent weeks. To give you a behind the scenes look, our team has been very focused on developing some new features that will make your membership easier to access and more effective as a learning tool. Just know that David, myself, and our whole team are still very much engaged with supporting you with all the best GTD resources. I hope you'll stick around and see what unfolds!

Lisa

P.S. Also James, since you're new (and welcome!) I thought I'd add a side note here that if you have any questions or concerns the best way to get in touch with us is via email to connect@davidco.com where we can respond quickly and be sure you get the attention of the best person to answer your questions.

Ruud

Registered
Since this has gone towards a service discussion I thought I would chime in.

When signing up I knew from discussions around the web that there isn't "that much" back here and that what there is you can also find elsewhere for free.

My goal was to get to audio and video and so far that has proven to be a goldmine. I saw a promotional video clip of David somewhere on Google/YouTube and heard his interview with Merlin. He's energetic, upbeat, positive and generally helps me to feel good about this thing. I wanted more of that and now have it.

Once I've worked through all the multimedia I do wonder how often we'll see new things.

One thing that has [isourly[/i] disappointed me is the weekly review reminder. Ha, it really is just a reminder! I thought it would contain additional pointers, some checklists to work with etc. But no... it's a reminder.

Far as I can see though I'm here for a month or so. Get the stuff, then maybe come back in another 6 months when all the content has been updated and refreshed.

Finally, I really like it that the staff is here and discussing as well.