• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Difference between 1/3 cut and 1/5 cut manila folders

1/3 cut means that there are three possible tab positions, each being 1/3 of the width.
1/5 cut means there are five possible tab positions, each being 1/5 of the width.

I guess what you choose really depends how much writing you need to fit on the tab.

I've just found that wikipedia has a whole article just on file folders!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_folder

Ruth
 
1/3 vs 1/5

For old(er) eyes, labels that are 1/3 cut size are easier to read. I have my labels auto printed to be as large as possible and still fit on 1/3 cut.

Randy
 
I can't find 1/3 cut manila folders in A4 size in Australia. Seems that 1/5 cut are all you can get. However you can purchase 1/3 cut on eBay from the USA at quite a reasonable price. They are however "Letter" size rather than A4 size.
 
Top