difficulty with switching between paper and digital

matsuru

Registered
JohnV474,

The solutions with your problem will come in the near future, when processing speed increases. :) I am looking forward to that.

In the mean time, a paper/digital hybrid system is the best (for me) so far.

Capturing, quick list using paper. Organizing and reference using digital stored on a laptop and a portable device (PDA, SmartPhone, Ipod...etc) for quick reference. Small compact digital camera for quick snapshot of namecards, signs, notes on wall/whiteboard.

Maybe a list of your preferable tools and how to use them is a beneficial for everyone? :D

JohnV474

Registered
Best of the best tools

Matsuru,

Good idea. I will start a post on the other forum, so we can talk about gear without upsetting moderators. :)

brianmc

Registered
forced to rely more on paper

I'm glad to see this topic still generates a lot of interest and plenty of great ideas. I started a new project and must now work with systems not connected to the internet in an environment that will not permit mobile phones in certain areas. I've switched back to a day timer planner with day/page inserts both for calendar items and to write down inbox items. I shifted all NA lists back to paper at first but now settled on a text document on the isolated system for @office items (since it's where I work and only contains items that can be done in this area) and paper lists for other contexts so I can take them with me when I leave work.

I second the FF comments and find that I spend more time reviewing both NAs and calendar items with one book in front of me in every meeting.

Aloha, Brian