• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Digital Voice Recorder to Text

Is anyone using a digital voice recorder (pocket variety), downloading the file to the PC and then converting them (transcribing) "automatically" with a voice recognition software? Can it be done? Recommended set ups for Windows? TIA.
 
As far as I can tell, this is a fantasy. I had a really good voice recorder and really good recognition software and it really didn't work at all.
 
I had a software rep demonstrate this ability to me with Dragon Naturally Speaking a couple of years ago. Worked really well. I don't remember what the voice recorder was, except that it was Sony. Recorded onto memorystick, and then she had a memorystick drive on her laptop that Dragon Naturally Speaking transcribed off of. I could probably find this gal's contact information if you wanted to talk to someone directly.

For the record, I trained Dragon Naturally Speaking for about three minutes, and then did a test run at transcribing and got 100% accuracy. It is key to have a good mike and sound card.

Pam
 
Top