• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Dini Kourosh article on Omnifocus and checklists

https://www.usingomnifocus.com/2019/09/two-ways-to-use-checklists-with-omnifocus/

I just found the posting above which actually addresses an annoyance I have always had with two projects - weekly review and laundry (yes these are both recurring projects in my system). Both projects are set up as parallel (not sequential) projects in Omnifocus and have a good number of tasks. Yes I know they could be a checklist but I like to check off each step as done. The annoyance is if these are overdue by a day or so I suddenly have all kinds of overdue items. Dini Kourosh gives a method in his article to simplify the list to one item for each of these "checklists." This would not get rid of the items but would keep them off of a "due/flagged" type list. He explains it in more detail but bottom line is that he only puts the overdue/flag on a single "do weekly review" item which has a link to the checklist/tasks. When all the tasks are done, the single item can also be marked done.

I'm going to try it.
 
Top