I know how you feel, I have had similar experiences with it. I don't know how it would have to work in order for it to be so useful I wouldn't be able to pass it up.Barb;69684 said:I have tried it a couple of times and ended up opting out. I just found the extra email(s) annoying. It's nice that it's there if I WANT to use it, though.
12hourhalfday;69685 said:I know how you feel, I have had similar experiences with it. I don't know how it would have to work in order for it to be so useful I wouldn't be able to pass it up.
Has anyone found a use for it that makes it indispensable?
Thanks for starting another great thread.
I have 2 entries in my journal right now. The first one was an intention to take more advantage of the Connect forums. I set the reminder for I think 3 or more months from when I first joined. So even though I haven't gotten a reminder yet it's already happening. Just writing it helped soldify my commitment.
The second is an entry about one of my someday/maybe projects that I'd like to jumpstart into an active project. I have quarterly reminders set so I'll know whether I'm moving it forward.
I'm working now on a mind map of my 40,000ft vision and I might put those items in my intention journal so I have an automatic reminder every 6 months to review them.
Hope that gives you some inspiration.
12hourhalfday;69729 said:I think those are awesome uses! I love your idea for the 40,000 foot vision mind map! Using the Intention journal will work great to help you reinforce what you create!
- periodic reminder of what you are grateful for
- Place to enter affirmations that you will be reminded of a year a later
- A place to stash your weekly review notes to be reminded later
- A periodic journal about creating meaningful work
- A periodic place to muse purpose
- stash random acts of kindness, set a random date and do them for the first person you see when they pop up.
- Compliment yourself to be pleasantly surprised at a later date
- write up random nice things to do for yourself or spouse to do when they pop up at random dates.