Do you use the intention journal?

Barb

Registered
No

I have tried it a couple of times and ended up opting out. I just found the extra email(s) annoying. It's nice that it's there if I WANT to use it, though.

12hourhalfday

Registered
Barb;69684 said:
I have tried it a couple of times and ended up opting out. I just found the extra email(s) annoying. It's nice that it's there if I WANT to use it, though.
I know how you feel, I have had similar experiences with it. I don't know how it would have to work in order for it to be so useful I wouldn't be able to pass it up.

Has anyone found a use for it that makes it indispensable?

Barb

Registered
Coaches?

12hourhalfday;69685 said:
I know how you feel, I have had similar experiences with it. I don't know how it would have to work in order for it to be so useful I wouldn't be able to pass it up.

Has anyone found a use for it that makes it indispensable?

I'd also really like Kelly or one of the other coaches to weigh in on this topic. How have you seen it used? Maybe we are missing out on something because we simply don't understand the big vision.

Maude

Registered
Yes

I use it for tickler file type reminders and reminders for habits I'm trying to establish. Since I always check my e-mail in the eternal quest for an empty in box I send myself reminders of things I want to think about daily or weekly or whatever. Sometimes I'll put in a positive visualization and send it to myself. The habit of processing mail means that I'll have to process this reminder or whatever and will allow it to get my attention. I've recently started this but it does seem to work well for that stuff that just doesn't fit onto a classic list.

Just my 2c

Maude

jjv99

Registered
Yes

Oddly enough, I use it to remind me to engage with my lists in the morning. Helps me to avoid out of sight, out of mind syndrome when I get very busy.

cmcantwell

Registered
Intentional Journal

Brian-
Thanks for starting another great thread.

I have 2 entries in my journal right now. The first one was an intention to take more advantage of the Connect forums. I set the reminder for I think 3 or more months from when I first joined. So even though I haven't gotten a reminder yet it's already happening. Just writing it helped soldify my commitment.

The second is an entry about one of my someday/maybe projects that I'd like to jumpstart into an active project. I have quarterly reminders set so I'll know whether I'm moving it forward.

I'm working now on a mind map of my 40,000ft vision and I might put those items in my intention journal so I have an automatic reminder every 6 months to review them.

Hope that gives you some inspiration.

Carol

12hourhalfday

Registered
cmcantwell;69726 said:
Brian-
Thanks for starting another great thread.

I have 2 entries in my journal right now. The first one was an intention to take more advantage of the Connect forums. I set the reminder for I think 3 or more months from when I first joined. So even though I haven't gotten a reminder yet it's already happening. Just writing it helped soldify my commitment.

The second is an entry about one of my someday/maybe projects that I'd like to jumpstart into an active project. I have quarterly reminders set so I'll know whether I'm moving it forward.

I'm working now on a mind map of my 40,000ft vision and I might put those items in my intention journal so I have an automatic reminder every 6 months to review them.

Hope that gives you some inspiration.

Carol

I think those are awesome uses! I love your idea for the 40,000 foot vision mind map! Using the Intention journal will work great to help you reinforce what you create!

12hourhalfday

Registered
Ideas for the intention journal

• periodic reminder of what you are grateful for
  • Place to enter affirmations that you will be reminded of a year a later
  • A place to stash your weekly review notes to be reminded later
  • A periodic journal about creating meaningful work
  • A periodic place to muse purpose
  • stash random acts of kindness, set a random date and do them for the first person you see when they pop up.
  • Compliment yourself to be pleasantly surprised at a later date
  • write up random nice things to do for yourself or spouse to do when they pop up at random dates.

cmcantwell

Registered
Intention journal & 40,000 ft mind map

12hourhalfday;69729 said:
I think those are awesome uses! I love your idea for the 40,000 foot vision mind map! Using the Intention journal will work great to help you reinforce what you create!

Thanks Brian-
I'm a pretty linear thinker so mind maps are new for me but I like them for the higher levels and the intention journal reminders to review the items will appeal to my more linear mind.

cmcantwell

Registered
Now you've inspired me

12hourhalfday;69730 said:
  • periodic reminder of what you are grateful for
  • Place to enter affirmations that you will be reminded of a year a later
  • A place to stash your weekly review notes to be reminded later
  • A periodic journal about creating meaningful work
  • A periodic place to muse purpose
  • stash random acts of kindness, set a random date and do them for the first person you see when they pop up.
  • Compliment yourself to be pleasantly surprised at a later date
  • write up random nice things to do for yourself or spouse to do when they pop up at random dates.

I guess you'll have to go on my grateful journal entry now :)
Thanks for a great list!

Oogiem

Registered
I don't use the intention journal for the same reasons I don't use cloud computing apps: Security and control of my personal data.

If I put into the journal the really important personal items that it would be good for, I'm putting too much stuff out in a computing platform I do not control.

So I do my own version in-house with my tickler file and notes and some recurring actions on my lists.