• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Does anyone use Google-Apps for their GTD methodology?

Well, you can Google it like I just did. 1st quarter 2020 revenue was 41 billion USD. Most of it was from targeted advertising.They know more about us than Santa Claus.
Do you use Google search? Do you use YouTube? If not what do you suggest besides Gmail and Google Apps?
 
Last edited:
Do you use Google search? Do you use YouTube? If not what do you suggest besides Gmail and Google Apps?
I do have a Gmail account, which I started years ago for junk email. It’s been a source of concern, because I keep getting email intended for people with similar user names, e.g., fish and chips receipts from England and a guy in the southern US who is a bit behind on his mortgage. I watch youtube a little. Lately I’ve been getting ads for an internet scam “Air conditioner”.

In my experience, Google’s apps tend to have less functionality than similar apps and poorer design. What I would suggest depends on what platform(s) you use and other factors. However, both Apple and Microsoft have better apps for GTD, email, and office functions.
 
I do have a Gmail account, which I started years ago for junk email. It’s been a source of concern, because I keep getting email intended for people with similar user names, e.g., fish and chips receipts from England and a guy in the southern US who is a bit behind on his mortgage. I watch youtube a little. Lately I’ve been getting ads for an internet scam “Air conditioner”.

In my experience, Google’s apps tend to have less functionality than similar apps and poorer design. What I would suggest depends on what platform(s) you use and other factors. However, both Apple and Microsoft have better apps for GTD, email, and office functions.
Mcogilive, I am on Microsoft 10. Thank you for your good GTD feedback, Thank you
 
I do have a Gmail account, which I started years ago for junk email. It’s been a source of concern, because I keep getting email intended for people with similar user names, e.g., fish and chips receipts from England and a guy in the southern US who is a bit behind on his mortgage. I watch youtube a little. Lately I’ve been getting ads for an internet scam “Air conditioner”.

In my experience, Google’s apps tend to have less functionality than similar apps and poorer design. What I would suggest depends on what platform(s) you use and other factors. However, both Apple and Microsoft have better apps for GTD, email, and office functions.
Thank you . . . for whatever reason, blaming me, I could never seem the get the hang of using Outlook . . . and so many people use it.
 
Top