• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Doing the next action

About 25% of my work is done on an appointment basis (meetings) or on the basis of immediate external demands made by others (another 25%). But, the rest is up to me. But, without the externals pushing me, I have a hard time deciding on what to begin (task initiating). Once I complete an action in a context I seem to lose a lot of momentum if the n/a is not a very similar one or on the same project, and I lose even more if I change contexts. I just read an article about human task switching being very costly. I am wondering if any one has any suggestions on task initiation and on how to maintain focus and mental energy when switching tasks and/or changing contexts (such as off site to on site, office at workplace to home office).
 
Top