Doing To Done Book by Mike Williams

Yaaqoub7

Registered
Suggest reading Mike Williams's book or sticking with the GTD book by David Allen??? Also, would you recommend reading Ready for Anything & Making It All Work, books??? please let me know & thank you!

Shady Waxwing

Registered
If you value your time and attention, start with David Allen's Getting Things Done, and add his other books after you're solid with GTD.

Don't bother with Mike's book, because it's a knockoff that misses with oversimplification. Reminds me of the scene in Good Will Hunting where Will says to the plagiarizer, "At least I won't be unoriginal."

TesTeq

Registered
Suggest reading Mike Williams's book or sticking with the GTD book by David Allen???
@Yaaqoub7 If you want a simple and easy book about GTD, read "GTD for Teens" by David Allen, Mike Williams and Mark Wallace. Don't let the title and some childish drawings mislead you. It's a great introductory book. And in your spare time read "Ready for Anything" to really understand what GTD is about.

Matt_M

Registered
Why not both? If you find any value in any book then, to me, it was worth it. As well, you may want to come back to a book later on after you have some experiences and a different perspective. I have not read "Doing to Done" so I can't talk intelligently about that particular book.

However, I would point out that you're on the official GTD forum so do take into account that the results/responses you get will be immensely skewed.

As for David's others written works, I would recommend them as well. Though it appears I am in somewhat of a minority with recommending "Making It All Work" after reading "Getting Things Done". I think "Making It All Work" is really for advanced GTD practitioners as it is, to me, "GTD In-Depth" and covers some topics in far more detail. GTD is tactics while MIAW is strategy. That's my perspective.

P.S.

Ready For Anything is also good too but feels more like an addendum or appendix to GTD proper. That's my thoughts at least!

Best of luck!

schmeggahead

Registered
If you value your time and attention, start with David Allen's Getting Things Done
The GTD book is fundamental
I second both of these. The current version (2015) is the best to read. The older version is not fundamentally different, just dated.
I highly recommend Ready for Anything
in your spare time read "Ready for Anything"
I second both of these. I really like to snack on chapters from this book, they are short and insightful.
If you want a simple and easy book about GTD, read "GTD for Teens"
I think of all of the books, I learned a whole bunch from this book that I failed to understand from the others. It can stand alone I think.

I am unfamiliar with the other author's book.
Hope whatever you choose works for you.
Clayton.

Stop cart and ask directions. - the first move of the Lok Hup Ba Fa set.