• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Due Dates Collaboration

Oh, just for clarification: I'm using Omnifocus, too. :)

There, I'm using the Due Dates, but only for the hard fixed deadlines. When I'm mentioning the calendar, I actually mean the calendar view of Omnifocus where only the tasks with due dates are listed.

In my next action lists, all next action are shown (with and without due dates).
 
Oh, just for clarification: I'm using Omnifocus, too. :)

There, I'm using the Due Dates, but only for the hard fixed deadlines. When I'm mentioning the calendar, I actually mean the calendar view of Omnifocus where only the tasks with due dates are listed.

In my next action lists, all next action are shown (with and without due dates).

OF's Forecast view actually separates calendar events from next actions for each day. If you have the pro version (more $$), you can set up customized views for due and soon-due tasks. Your real calendar doesn't have to show any next actions if you don't want them there. I'm now confused about what the issue is.
 
Actually, it's not about the tools it's about the process. ;) I simply do want to set due dates only for hard fixed deadlines and nothing else.
 
Actually, it's not about the tools it's about the process. ;) I simply do want to set due dates only for hard fixed deadlines and nothing else.
OK. So for me EVERY deadline agreed with another person is hard fixed. It's part of my professional and personal reputation. I can renegotiate it to hard fix it in another place on the timeline or even to cancel it but if it exists it is hard fixed.
 
Actually, it's not about the tools it's about the process. ;) I simply do want to set due dates only for hard fixed deadlines and nothing else.

And you want to define what is or is not a hard fixed deadline when you're working with other people. I don't think I have any useful advice for you. This is something you need to figure out for yourself so that it works for you.
 
Last edited:
Top