Email Best Practices webinar

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I just added a new webinar for November for GTD Connect Members: Best Practices of Email Communications. Will be held Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM PST

This webinar will focus on best practices of email communications with others, including appropriate use, using To vs: Cc, writing effective subject lines, creating agreed upon response times, and more.

Note: This webinar will not focus on processing & organizing email. We'll do another Express Webinar for our members just on that topic. This one will focus specifically on the protocols and best practices with others.

MarkDillon

Registered
I have a meeting at that time so unfortunately I won't be attending. Are there plans to post the webinar in the Archive for viewing?

Barb

Registered
For me?

Almost all Tuesdays are bad for me personally. Tuesday is core workweek for many of us, I would assume. I love the Friday webinars because the week is winding down and I can take some time for myself.

mcogilvie

Registered
Barb;103404 said:
Almost all Tuesdays are bad for me personally. Tuesday is core workweek for many of us, I would assume. I love the Friday webinars because the week is winding down and I can take some time for myself.

I always miss the first 10-15 minutes on a Friday because I have a class 11-12 CST, but Tuesdays are good because I usually work at home until after lunch. I confess that I'm usually multitasking at least a bit during a webinar wherever I am.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
We tend to rotate them between Tuesday through Friday. But we always appreciate your feedback about what works best.

Kelly

S-Tolland

Registered
Thanks Kelly - this sounds like a great webinar topic. I'll be sure to sign up.

Being in the UK our time difference means that the webinars take place in the evening. I therefore prefer Tuesdays as I will often be doing something on a Friday evening, but am less likely to be out on Tuesday evening.

TesTeq

Registered
TesTeq's e-mail recommendations.

kelstarrising;103378 said:
This webinar will focus on best practices of email communications with others, including appropriate use, using To vs: Cc, writing effective subject lines, creating agreed upon response times, and more.

TesTeq's e-mail recommendations.
  • one mail - one task (no multitasking e-mails!)
  • To: one person
  • Cc: need to know
  • Bcc: office politics only ;-)
  • Subject: [project code] action required and deadline
  • Content: up to 5 sentences with required action and deadline in the last sentence