Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive.
There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial:
https://bit.ly/4hYicYV
We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at:
https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/
While we know that 'Inbox Zero" is the goal, we all get overwhelmed by email from time to time. I asked David Allen for his advice on what to do if we are sinking behind the tidal wave of email. Here's what he had to say.
With all due respect, on this end, 'attention pulling' is 'always' significant even when insignificant since it can potentially sabotage/undermine that which is significant, i.e., consequential and therefore also means 'priorities' are inconsequential relative to life's system(s) on this end
With all due respect, on this end, 'attention pulling' is 'always' significant even when insignificant since it can potentially sabotage/undermine that which is significant, i.e., consequential and therefore also means 'priorities' are inconsequential relative to life's system(s) on this end
yes, "excessive" was a bit of provocation here, sorry.
I know that at the moment I have 12 unread emails in one inbox, and about 20 in another (I just checked), but I do not care - because I know that during the next day or two, I will clean them up (including anything which comes in in the meantime).
= I do not have a zero inbox, but I have "zero attention inbox".
for this I needed 12 seconds
yes, "excessive" was a bit of provocation here, sorry.
I know that at the moment I have 12 unread emails in one inbox, and about 20 in another (I just checked), but I do not care - because I know that during the next day or two, I will clean them up (including anything which comes in in the meantime).
= I do not have a zero inbox, but I have "zero attention inbox".
for this I needed 12 seconds