Everything is Actionable?

[GTD-Definitions] Learning English with GTD

Here in Europe the English word "actionable" means something like sueable, enforceable, or indictable. In the GTD book David Allen uses his own definition of "actionable": "an action is required now" or "an action needs to be done now".

To add to this confusing the German version of the book translates the original question "Is it actionable?" to the German equivalent of "Can you do something about this item?"

Rainer

kewms

Registered
Rainer Burmeister said:
To add to this confusing the German version of the book translates the original question "Is it actionable?" to the German equivalent of "Can you do something about this item?"
Rainer

The German version is actually pretty close to what I understand "Is it actionable" (in English) to mean. (FWIW, I'm a native US English speaker.)

Katherine

bingobob

Registered
You'll find it comes down to knowing whether something goes to tickler or someday/maybe. The use of a planning horizon seems most effective to make that work. If my planning horizon is a month anything I want to do earlier than a month is a tickler unless I want to do it asap. Planning horizon one week is too short, you will be sifting your someday list every week. Three months is too long, you will be sifting your tickler.