example of a pay slip : do users - think something it should be periodically checked according to a system? How frequently should this be done?

its worth I try share/upload information's about things such as checking payslip - for example - is there a set way to do it."

Do other persons in real life: have system doing things checking payslip or do they leave it and just presume its alright?"

"example of a pay slip : do users - think something it should be periodically checked according to a system as a way of positive self representation?
How frequently should this be done?"

s

I review my payslip every week as I use Quicken software to manage my finances so I print off my payslip from my HR system and enter the details into Quicken. If there is something off, I will notice. It also keeps me aware of all of my deductions and occasionally allows me to reconsider whether my deductions need to be adjusted.

I try to adhere to Dave Ramsey‘s steps for managing my financial life. One of his big tenets is to create a budget and tell every dollar where it will go rather than wondering where it went. I draw a lot of parallels between Dave Ramsey and David Allen as their systems have provided me with great tools for managing two very important parts of my life.

I review my payslip every week as I use Quicken software to manage my finances so I print off my payslip from my HR system and enter the details into Quicken.
Im type of person who basically hardly ever reviews it, made me think of something literally.
IDK quicken
If there is something off, I will notice. It also keeps me aware of all of my deductions and occasionally allows me to reconsider whether my deductions need to be adjusted.
right
I try to adhere to Dave Ramsey‘s steps for managing my financial life. One of his big tenets is to create a budget and tell every dollar where it will go rather than wondering where it went. I draw a lot of parallels between Dave Ramsey and David Allen as their systems have provided me with great tools for managing two very important parts of my life.
Dave Ramsey? isn't he a type TV celebrity chef or something

s

Im type of person who basically hardly ever reviews it, made me think of something literally.
IDK quicken

right

Dave Ramsey? isn't he a type TV celebrity chef or something

s

Quicken (https://www.quicken.com/) is a personal financial management software that you can use to aggregate all of your banking and investment accounts to track spending and income.

Dave Ramsey (https://www.ramseysolutions.com/) no relation to Gordon Ramsey the chef, hosts a radio show/podcast that gives financial advice.

Yes, check your payslip. It only takes seconds and mistakes are easier to correct if reported quickly.

It is more important at the start of a new job, if the hours and pay are variable or if there are expenses or overtime.

How often do I check my pay slip? Every time...

As others say, it only takes a moment.
Also, it's never on any list in my world, as I always receive an email notification when it's available. It takes me less than two minutes, so I do it immediately.

Yes, check your payslip. It only takes seconds and mistakes are easier to correct if reported quickly.
it takes maybe a minute for myself to log in to type of "e - pay" which gives PDF slip infromation

I just looked at two example last ones I got

- I mean - by scrolling with 2 mins - yeah I am able to see basic info

but the way that it is presented - sort of confusing?

I had idea I could upload example PDFs with my Personal details censored

the main thing im just interested in with my company - is checking the holiday pay - cos erm " says voice
It is more important at the start of a new job, if the hours and pay are variable or if there are expenses or overtime.

I get e-mail sent once a month. and voice says - it doesn't make me feel better if I do look at it , so why should I for example? "
To make sure everything is OK. In Norway we have a big responsibility when it comes to checking the slip; if I get paid too much I have to pay it back. If this is the case, I wouldn't let this go on for months...

You say that the information is laid out in a confusing way. Check it anyway. Every time. You'll soon become used to the way it is laid out.

To make sure everything is OK. In Norway we have a big responsibility when it comes to checking the slip; if I get paid too much I have to pay it back. If this is the case, I wouldn't let this go on for months...

Right - well you probably have completely different type job to myself in Norway.

where I just have a cleaner job at retail store , in UK - so probably big difference. I have never been paid too much.
I have looked at the pay slip a certain amount times in the past, but never something as frequently as every week, wouldn't make sense."

You say that the information is laid out in a confusing way. Check it anyway. Every time. You'll soon become used to the way it is laid out.
Right I could try that if I feel like it helps.

but basically the specific thing I am referencing here is stuff like over time
Like for example if at my job I'm told - suppose to work until X amount of time say 11am (morning shift) - if I am "clocked in" X amount minutes say 5 - 10 for example , we get paid "over time" in addition to normal contracted hours

And its shown on the pay slip "very exactly" - calculated to the exact minute or second

So average minimum wage in the UK is (for persons 23) is about ten pounds per hour and ...

Basically - there's a table PDF with multiple pieces of data (entries multiple ones, lots)
and the table does the maths automatically - so presume its right ,at the total, that's what everyone does "

Or I had further ideas

S

'I I could try to upload an example what I meant, but unable know if you would be able open this file format so could upload a pdf instead?

1729195750700.png
No, please don't post your payslip. I don't ever recommend doing that. It contains sensitive information that should not be made public online.
"
S

Attachments

It looks like a pretty standard pay slip.

I would check the following:
* The basic and overtime hours are correct
* The gross amount is correct.
* The year to date is correct.
* The tax is correct.
* The money paid into your bank matches the net.
* There is nothing surprising (like a deduction you weren't expecting).

Most of this can be done at a glance, and the rest with a couple of sums on a calculator.