FacileThings vs Nirvana

ivanjay205

Registered
I just wanted to get a general sense... I have used both.. I started with FacileThings as I am cross platform (Windows laptop, iphone, ipad). I loved it but the interface was not consistent throughout the web app and it needed a lot of clicking around to get to places.

After frustration I switched to Nirvana as the various screen styles etc really tripped me up.

Nirvana has a great look, very modern, and I enjoy it. There is so little progress and updating that kind of bothers me and a few bugs I find in it that are annoying, but not the end of the world. But clearly they are not getting fixed anytime soon.

So now I have the slight debate on moving back to FT but wanted to get everyones thoughts...

You gotta say one thing about Francisco, he communicates consistently and is always working on the program. There's stuff happening. I used FT a long time ago and I did like it a lot and found Francisco very open to suggestions. There was a lot of clicking then but i got used to it and knew where to find stuff pretty quickly. The price drove me away but I'm with Nozbe right now where the price is the same and I'm wavering a bit ....

Nirvana looks like a nice program but things move, if they do at all there, very slowly. No attachments and no calendar integration is a bit of a deal breaker for me on top of no development and no communication. And really, Todoist and Nozbe often tell you: we'll pass it along to the developers but nothing ever happens, which to me isn't any different from Nirvana. So, if I were you, I'd stick with FT. Just my 2 cents worth.

ivanjay205

Registered
You gotta say one thing about Francisco, he communicates consistently and is always working on the program. There's stuff happening. I used FT a long time ago and I did like it a lot and found Francisco very open to suggestions. There was a lot of clicking then but i got used to it and knew where to find stuff pretty quickly. The price drove me away but I'm with Nozbe right now where the price is the same and I'm wavering a bit ....

Nirvana looks like a nice program but things move, if they do at all there, very slowly. No attachments and no calendar integration is a bit of a deal breaker for me on top of no development and no communication. And really, Todoist and Nozbe often tell you: we'll pass it along to the developers but nothing ever happens, which to me isn't any different from Nirvana. So, if I were you, I'd stick with FT. Just my 2 cents worth.
Very well said. Francisco is fantastic on communication although he is soooo by the book any suggestions that waiver a tiny bit get shot down lol.
And I do miss calendar integration and attachments. That kills me in Nirvana.

LOL, Francisco is a great guy but yeah he is very by the book. Even right up to the capture/clarify/organize -- ya just can't do anything out of order!

ivanjay205

Registered
LOL, Francisco is a great guy but yeah he is very by the book. Even right up to the capture/clarify/organize -- ya just can't do anything out of order!
Ya know that used to frustrate me a lot. But I will tell you in Nirvana sometimes I let things sit in my inbox because "I can". FT really pushed me to follow it, by the book as it is intended to be

I've been considering FT again, not because I do not like Nozbe, but like you, @ivanjay205, the forced GTD discipline is good for me. And, really, FT is very good. This is completely personal because I know my self. I've been very busy over the last few months and all the wheels just come off the GTD wagon. I know: be disciplined. For me, maybe FT will help. I did pretty well when I was on it before. I wish the interface was a bit better but I can get used to that. @ericssan , I did download FT3 on IOS. Seems ok. Attachements don't show up in the IOS version but I wouldn't use attachements on my phone anyway.

ivanjay205

Registered
I've been considering FT again, not because I do not like Nozbe, but like you, @ivanjay205, the forced GTD discipline is good for me. And, really, FT is very good. This is completely personal because I know my self. I've been very busy over the last few months and all the wheels just come off the GTD wagon. I know: be disciplined. For me, maybe FT will help. I did pretty well when I was on it before. I wish the interface was a bit better but I can get used to that. @ericssan , I did download FT3 on IOS. Seems ok. Attachements don't show up in the IOS version but I wouldn't use attachements on my phone anyway.
I hear you on the "wheels off" statement. That is the moment I am in right now. I constantly send stuff into Nirvana and go I need to work on it and a distraction pulls me elsewhere. I miss the calendar integration as instead of going into outlook (where one look at my email pulls me in there) I can go into FT and see my upcoming meetings and my tasks and make a decision. I think that was the major change I am suffering form now.

I go to Outlook to see when my next meeting is and I see I have 45 minutes but also 32 emails. I go to email, nothing gets done....

I got you! I’m on the same position, I’m trining facilethings free month and really enjoying it, what I like more are the perspectives, which is really important on GTD, I haven’t seen this on any other services. It really help me to stick to GTD and also make realize things that I was doing the wrong way and helped me to improved another couple of things. It is true , is not the faster, the best design, easier to use but I see an active development and I like that, also you don’t have to worry to keep the system running, no need to tune it up. On the other hand I have nirvana lifetime account. It is a fast app, great performance, Gtd friendly, much better user interface, one pay option, Windows app, offline work. There is one missing thing, slow development. They are very responsive when you ask something via email. But nothing else. No development roadmap, no dates for new release, no attachments, no google calendar integration.

for now, due to Covid and less money on the house I will keep my things on Nirvana. but I soon as Ican I will buy a year of facilethings.

Btw I found this discount link for facilethings

ivanjay205

Registered
I got you! I’m on the same position, I’m trining facilethings free month and really enjoying it, what I like more are the perspectives, which is really important on GTD, I haven’t seen this on any other services. It really help me to stick to GTD and also make realize things that I was doing the wrong way and helped me to improved another couple of things. It is true , is not the faster, the best design, easier to use but I see an active development and I like that, also you don’t have to worry to keep the system running, no need to tune it up. On the other hand I have nirvana lifetime account. It is a fast app, great performance, Gtd friendly, much better user interface, one pay option, Windows app, offline work. There is one missing thing, slow development. They are very responsive when you ask something via email. But nothing else. No development roadmap, no dates for new release, no attachments, no google calendar integration.

for now, due to Covid and less money on the house I will keep my things on Nirvana. but I soon as Ican I will buy a year of facilethings.

Btw I found this discount link for facilethings

Thanks for the link although I already went back to FT and happy I did. Nirvana felt more like a task manager and at times because it allowed you to see so much it would overhwelm me. I feel way better in control back to FT. And I love the way they do the perspectives.

Hasan Bjaili

Registered
Hello
I used Nirvana then switched to FT3 then to Todoist. I am still not satisfied. Finally, I came across ClickUp. It is robust and update and feature adding is almost every month. However, I am still not happy with their GTD implementation. It is worth looking at though.